Executive Sous Chef
Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: Oman, Dibba-Musandam PC 800
Hotel: Zighy Bay (DXBZB), Zighy Bay, P.O. Box 212, 00800
Job number: 117373
As Executive Sous Chef, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and ensure full knowledge and active participation of all our brand initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Executive Sous Chef, I will support the Executive Chef and assume responsibility for the efficient operation in the following:
- Continually focus on the rejuvenation of the culinary experience.
- Constantly assess Menus and Wine Lists to remain relevant and in line with Eat With Six Senses practices.
- Establish purchasing practices that meet the requirements of the Six Senses nutrition and sustainability platforms.
- Instill a cost-focused philosophy through training and education.
- Operate the department consistent with all legal, statutory and financial requirements and documentation, reporting systems, contractual obligations, security and safety protocols, communications, product and service standards, host management practices and budgetary controls are implemented, reviewed and maintained to ensure the successful operation of the hotel.
- Strictly adhere to LQA standards and guest comments.
To execute the position of Executive Sous Chef, I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years kitchen experience in a full-service outlet or similar setting. Hospitality diploma/degree from a recognized hospitality school is preferred.
- Knowledge of the use of broiler equipment and understanding of meat and fish cookery, proficient knife skills and understand farm to table concept.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Fluent in English; I understand that additional languages are preferred.
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for an Executive Sous Chef at Six Senses Zighy Bay. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent to the position.
Six Senses Zighy Bay is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.