Hotel Brand: Six Senses
Location: United Kingdom, London
Hotel: London (LONSS), TBD, TBD
Job number: 114123
As Executive Chef, I will fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others and the world around them and our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
Sustainability, Wellness and Out of the Ordinary experiences are at the core of everything we do at Six Senses. I will safeguard these pillars and its strategic planning and development and ensure all directives, practices and initiatives are implemented, embraced, adopted within the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Executive Chef, I will assume full responsibility for the efficient operation of the Culinary department to provide exceptional product and service within brand operating standards.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Continually focus on the rejuvenation of the culinary experience. Monitor sorting of food and material waste and liaise with the gardeners for efficient food wastage removal for composting, and growing our own produce and featuring this produce in our culinary offering.
- All aspects of wellness and nutrition initiatives will be adopted and implemented throughout the operation with particular focus on growing or making our own products.
- Establish purchasing practices that meet the requirements of the Six Senses nutrition and sustainability platforms.
- Constantly assess Menus and Wine Lists to remain relevant and in line with Eat With Six Senses practices.
- Instill a cost-focused philosophy through training and education.
- Establish and deliver pre-established financial returns related to revenue generation, profitability and ROIC.
- Operate the department consistent with all legal, statutory and financial requirements and documentation, reporting systems, contractual obligations, security and safety protocols, communications, product and service standards, host management practices and budgetary controls are implemented, reviewed and maintained to ensure the successful operation of the hotel.
To execute the position of Executive Chef, I must have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury hotels with proven results and includes the following:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Culinary Arts, or related field plus 5 or more years related experience, including management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in English; I understand that additional languages are preferred.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for an Executive Chef at Six Senses London - The Whiteley. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent in the position.
Six Senses London - The Whiteley is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.