Conference and Events Supervisor (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotelmarke: InterContinental Hotels
Standort: Australien, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA36889
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We invite you to join us at this incredibly exciting time for our hotel as a Conference and Events Supervisor (Full-time)!
Your day to day
The Conference and Events Supervisor will work closely with the Events Manager to ensure all conferences and events run smoothly and to the highest standard.
Supporting the Events Manager, you will lead and manager the wider C&E team with setting up, packing down, and ensuring seamless service for all conferences and events. Whether it be briefing the team at the beginning of the event; giving clear direction; or ensuring that each guest experience exceed their expectations; no two days will ever be the same.
This is a busy and varied role with connection to all departments across the Hotel. Your presentation, passion for service and eagerness to lead will be the key to creating a seamless, luxury experience for our guests.
What we need from you
- Unparalleled passion for people, food, beverage and service
- Experience in a leadership position within the luxury hospitality industry is highly advantageous
- Exceptional mentor and leadership skills and to nurture and develop your team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to provide high standard service to our guests
- The ability to work a rotating roster across a 7 day working week
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that support you throughout your IHG career journey
- Paid birthday leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Free meals on shift
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.