Empfangsdame - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC), 900 Wilshire Boulevard, 90017
Job number: USA26158
Do you see yourself as a Bellperson? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.Your day to day
As a Bellperson, you will assist incoming and outgoing guests in transporting luggage to and from guest rooms.
- Promptly and safely transport luggage to and from guest rooms. May secure, tag and store luggage at guest’s request.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, and services to guest and provide information to guests regarding local attractions and activities.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include but is not limited to accepting dry cleaning from guest and secure for pick up by dry cleaning company; delivering clean laundry or guest mail/messages, or sundry items to guest rooms, and responding to other special requests.
High School diploma or equivalent, plus some guest service experience or hotel experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds
- Moving about the public areas
- Handling objects such as luggage
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients, guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, reading road signs, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click “Apply” and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.