Bartender - The Willard InterContinental Washington
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, DC, Washington
Hotel: The Willard Washington D.C. (WASHA), 1401 Pennsylvania Ave Nw, 20004
Job number: 100607
After a big meeting far away from home, or a long wait for a delayed flight, is there anyone more welcoming than a smiling bartender? As the friendly face of our hotel bars, you’ll also be a helpful host, a local expert, and a proud brand ambassador. Whether you’re preparing drinks exactly as our guests want or serving them delicious food, you’ll be devoted to creating relaxing, memorable experiences.
- Creating a warm and welcome to everyone and setting the tone for each guest’s experience.
- Prepare and serve drinks to high standards, and highlight promotions to guests.
- Work with your restaurant colleagues to offer a seamless food service.
- Set up your bar – stock up on all the supplies you’ll need, manage your inventory and make sure all your equipment works.
- Change beer barrels.
- Look after your bar – keep it clean and tidy and make sure the alcohol is always secure.
- Handle cash and credit transactions.
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride.
- Be ready to jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help.
- Always follow safety procedures.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day with lots of bending and kneeling.
- Strength – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects like barrels and crates up to 50lbs (23 kg).
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths.
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- Experienced – you’ll know how to prepare a wide range of drinks. Ideally with formal bartending training.
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language.
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.