Barkeeper - Crowne Plaza Hobart
Hotelmarke: Crowne Plaza
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Hobart (HBAHO)
IHG has opened its newly built full-service upscale hotel - Crowne Plaza Hobart. The hotel is managed by Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and owned by Tasmanian locals. The 235 room hotel offers a gymnasium, 9 versatile meeting rooms, and 2 restaurants and bars.
Core Restaurant and Bar celebrates Tasmania's amazing produce with each dish telling a story of land and sea, and the people who make the most of it. The Deck is our outdoor bar on Level 4 - the roof of Myer! This is where you can rug up in the outdoors with mulled cider and wood-fired pizzas and enjoy the views of Kunanyi through all the seasons.
Your day to day
At the end of the day, is there anything more welcoming than a smiling face? You’ll be full of energy as you greet our guests while remembering a regular face or two. Your creativity and artistic flair will be evident in the classic and innovative drinks you create. You’ll work efficiently while engaging with guests to ensure they enjoy a memorable experience. Your day to day will look something like this:
- Create a warm welcome to everyone and set the tone for each guest’s experience
- Set up your bar – stock up on all the supplies you will need, manage the inventory and make sure all the equipment works
- Prepare and serve drinks to high standards, highlighting promotions to guests and maximising upselling opportunities
- Look after your bar - keep it clean and tidy and make sure the alcohol is always secure
- Take food orders - work with the kitchen to ensure the food is delivered to a high quality in a timely manner
- Assist in supporting the team with other duties as required
What we need from you
Join us as at Crowne Plaza Hobart. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills:
- Experience – you’ll know how to prepare a wide range of drinks (ideally with formal bartending training)
- Communication – you will need a good grasp of reading, writing, and basic maths
- Flexibility – Night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the shift with bending and kneeling. Sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull objects like barrels and crates up to 23 kg – we have the equipment to support you
- Compliance - Valid RSA Certificate is required
- Attitude - A team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workloads
What we offer
Joining the IHG family means you benefit from a world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, and you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we'll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.