Banquet Dishwasher/Houseperson (Full Time) - Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Hotelmarke: Holiday Inn
Ort: Vereinigte Staaten, Texas, San Antonio
Hotel: San Antonio-Riverwalk (SATRW), 217 North St. Mary's Street, 78205
Job number: R208654
**Join our team and receive a $500 sign-on bonus during your first 90 days**
Do you see yourself working in Banquets?
What's your passion?
Whether you're into tennis, painting or gardening, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Our hotel is nestled along the beautiful banks of the San Antonio Riverwalk, as well as steps away from beautiful historical landmarks in the downtown area.Your Day to Day:
Set-up and break down all meeting rooms, banquet space and ballroom areas. Clean and maintain all corridors, vending areas, elevators and landings and service areas in the banquet facilities ensuring hotel’s standards of cleanliness.
- Clean, store, and secure in an organized manner all tables, chairs, and audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment to be set up in function area.
- Set up work station as required to include filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, presoaking, and gathering required set-up equipment for appropriate work stations. Replenish as needed for all shifts. Rinse/scrape all dishes. Operate dishwashing machine to manufacturer specifications and instructions. Place clean dishes in assigned storage location.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
- May refresh room during breaks (replenish supplies, water pitchers, etc.)
- Set-up and/or break-down tables, chairs, audio visual equipment and platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Set-up table linens, skirting and table top items (water pitchers, glasses, supplies, etc.)
- May retrieve clean linen and skirting and stock in storage areas.
- May pick-up and deliver all boxes and materials (flip charts, easels, blackboards, etc.) for function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic reading and writing and mathematical skills. General knowledge of banquet operations preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, equipment, etc.).
- Moving about the function areas.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often with banquet event orders and instructions.
- Basic math is used frequently to ensure the proper set up of tables, settings, chairs, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What We Offer:
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. We offer free onsite parking, employee meals and so much more!
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.