Assistant Housekeeping Manager - voco Dubai
Hotel Marke: voco
Standort: Vereinigte Arabische Emirate, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai (DXBSZ), Plot 49, Sheikh Zayed Road, Trade Centre District, 9940
Job number: 120383
At voco®, we’ve created a new hotel brand that gives people a different choice. Hotels to count on but different enough to be fun. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Our new family of hotels are connected by their own sense of style and individual character – and that’s something we make the most of. Finding the perfect mix of reliability and new experiences. Because we believe that when you respect individuality life gets interesting.
At the heart of every great stay is a great host. We think the trick to hosting is to take the time to understand what your guests need, and want. So before they arrive, we find out more about them and how we can make their stay better. Whilst they are with us we give tempting recommendations of our favourite drinks or food, or tips for local experiences that they won’t find in any guide book.
Your day to day
As Assistant Housekeeping Manager assists the Executive Housekeeper in overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Housekeeping & Laundry department and ensure that cleanliness, hygiene, and tidiness standards are met to provide a comfortable and welcoming environment for guests.
- Assist in training, supervising, and motivating housekeeping host to maintain high standards of cleanliness and efficiency.
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure rooms, public areas, and facilities meet established cleanliness standards.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels of cleaning supplies and equipment, and place orders as necessary.
- Assist in creating work schedules and assignments for housekeeping host to ensure adequate coverage and efficient operations.
- Address guest concerns, requests, or complaints promptly and effectively, striving to exceed guest expectations.
- Ensure adherence to safety and sanitation standards and regulations, including proper handling of chemicals and use of personal protective equipment.
- Prepare reports on departmental activities, such as occupancy rates, inventory levels, and host performance.
- Coordinate with other departments, such as maintenance and front desk, to ensure seamless operations and guest satisfaction.
- Handle any emergencies or urgent situations that arise within the department effectively and calmly.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in administrative tasks, budgeting, and strategic planning.
What we need from you
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certification in hospitality management or a related field is a plus.
- Previous experience in a housekeeping or hospitality role, with supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of housekeeping procedures, equipment, and chemicals.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain high cleanliness standards.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency in relevant computer software for scheduling, reporting, and communication.
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
Reliably Different - Welcome to voco® Hotels, IHG’s new upscale brand. We call our Hotels voco® – It means ‘to invite’ and ‘call together’ originating from Latin and representing our thoughtful, unstuffy and charming nature. Guests tell us that voco® is fun without being vanilla, trendy without being alienating and premium, without being stuffy. This unique and playful attitude, combined with a consistent level of quality, sits at the heart of our brand here at voco® Dubai Whatever we’re up to, at every instance, there are brand values and service behaviours that guide us... Brand values: Always dependable, Respect individuality & Be distinctive. Service values: Count on us to; Be natural & Make every stay special. Drawing on IHG’s years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco® Hotels gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels is connected by their individual characters, that make memorable travel dependable with unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. The world's first voco® hotel opened in November 2018 in Gold Coast, Australia and the first voco® Hotel across IMEA is voco® Dubai. voco® Dubai is a location like no other with a premium ambience in the heart of Dubai and laid back yet attentive service from the friendly hosts. It’s location on the vibrant Shiekh Zayed Road is also connecting it to many day time and no delights of the city, moments from shopping, dining and entertainment experiences.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.