Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Hotel: Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), Hayman Island, Whitsunday Islands
Job number: 100423
What’s the Job?
The position of the Spa Therapist is dedicated to exceeding expectations of our guests to ensure the highest level of service is consistently provided. Perform our Spa experiences in a friendly, courteous, efficient and professional manner. Provide clean and safe surrounding within the Spa for the comfort and care of all guests and employees. Participate within a team that is familiar with and observes all objectives, standards and procedures. Assist with additional responsibilities as delegated by Spa Manager or Supervisor.
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
- Deliver spa services in an efficient and pleasant manner according to Spa protocols
- Be punctual and ready to commence shift 10 mins prior to actual start time.
- Be familiar with all services offered at the Spa and know the costs and procedures to be able to upsell and rebook all your guests.
- Be knowledgeable of all product ranges offered in the Spa and the cost use of all retail items offered.
- Perform all opening and closing duties in the Spa as requested
- Perform all Spa Reception duties including reservations, cashiering, answering telephone and other general enquiries
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and maintenance to Spa Manager/Supervisor.
- Take care with personal grooming, maintain a consistently high level of professional appearance at all times.
- Attend daily briefings and meetings.
- Assist other colleagues or Departments as required.
- Be aware of guests in Spa at all times and anticipate their needs
- Assist in keeping the Spa clean and tidy at all times; including treatment rooms, change rooms, wet areas, reception and back of house areas.
What we need from you
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy and/or Cert IV Massage and/or
- Previous experience as a spa therapist within a Resort/Hotel environment
- Excellent time management skills & ability to adapt & personalise treatments to guest's concerns
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as impeccable grooming and presentation.
- Be flexible to assist in other areas of resort if the job requires.
- A good understanding of spa culture, and the health and well-being industry
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and great problem solving skills
- Experienced and confident in delivering facial and body treatments
- Demonstrated customer service skills and proven track record in retail sales
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort prides itself on delighting our Guests and providing them with a service derived from a high performance culture that is embedded through each and every function of the Resort.
With comprehensive SOPs, robust policies and procedures and individual departmental training plans in place we ensure that all colleagues are provided with solid foundations to ensure their continued success throughout their employment.
During the course of your employment you will be provided with clear performance expectations in the form of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and leadership competencies. These will form the foundation of your performance expectations and provide opportunity for performance to be measured, reviewed and discussed on a regular basis. How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.