Senior Venue Manager (Full-Time) | Estate @ Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney Coogee Beach (SYDCB), 242 Arden Street, PO Box 558, 2034
Job number: 100414
Escape the Ordinary is an innovative Restaurant and Bars partnership between culinary visionary Matthew Butcher, Salter Brothers & IHG across Sydney and Melbourne.
Our 2 Sydney venues, Estate and Shutters at Coogee Beach are the hottest venues in Sydney!
Estate - Taking inspiration from our picturesque beachy location and paying homage to the lively seaside bars and bistros of America’s east coast, Estate offers simple, tasty seafood dishes and incredible cocktails within a relaxed, casual luxe atmosphere. A local favourite for a quick drink, laid-back dinner or lively celebration, Estate is the perfect spot for our guests to gather with friends, whether they're primed for a big night out or they're fresh off the beach.
Shutters - Our award-winning design leans on a vibrant Miami feel letting the sun and salty air in offering a light filled space to enjoy with the family. The perfect place to relax and look out onto Coogee Beach, our three separate offerings within Shutters – the Restaurant, the Bar and the Lounge makes this all-day venue a place where our guests can enjoy their next dining experience or event.
We are looking for someone driven and motivated, focused on driving business performance, who can build, develop and lead a high performing team in one of our venues, Estate, and most importantly someone who has a passion for creating memorable guest experiences that are second to none.
Working alongside senior management and the leadership team, you will:
- Have control over the venue's appearance and atmosphere for all events and services
- Be in charge of shift operations from setup, running and close down of the venue
- Manage training & onboarding, daily management and shift lead of the venue team
- Complete day and night shift reports
- Have a strong focus on delivering high standards and exceptional product
- Be ultimately accountable for aspects of your venue's P&L
- Be hands-on and operational
- Be responsible for developing the skills of the staff around product knowledge, service skills, team culture and guest relationships
- Work with and build the entertainment schedule with the entertainment manager
The ideal candidate will have:
- The right to work in Australia
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Food & Beverage supervisory/management related position, preferably within a hotel/hospitality environment
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Food and Beverage related field preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to inspire passion, enthusiasm and positivity in the team to drive an engaged, winning culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workloads
- Ability to manage complex relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, staff, and third parties that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG
Join us and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports your wellbeing. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.