Senior Manager, Design, Australasia & Pacific
InterContinental Hotels Group are one of the world's leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have almost 6,000 open hotels with 1800 in the pipeline globally to open.
You'll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVEN Hotels and HUALUXE Hotels and Resorts as well as Kimpton Hotels.
All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating True Hospitality for Good. This is a mission that's seen us go from strength to strength with more rooms in an ever-growing portfolio of hotels across more and more locations. Which makes this an incredibly exciting time to become part of the team.
Your day to day
IHG is driving unprecedented growth across our Japan, Australasia & Pacific (JAPAC) region and in recognition of this growth we are gearing-up to support our ambitions. As such we have a newly created a role of Senior Manager, Design to support our expansion. This role sits within a small team of design professionals, engages daily with functional specialists across the IHG business (Brands, Operations, Technology, and so on), and will be dedicated to Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, focusing on the specific needs of these markets.
The Senior Manager, Design’s core responsibility is to work with internal and external stakeholders and with project consultants to drive excellence in the design and delivery of new build and refurbishment hotel projects. Central to this will be providing guidance to hotel Owners and their project teams on how best to meet IHG’s Brand Standards, on hotel operational requirements, and on the ideal finished-product outcomes. You will, in short, be providing hotel design expertise to groups of professionals with varied levels of experience on hotel projects. To do this you will contribute a high level of specialised knowledge and skill in architecture and design and a well-developed capability for stakeholder engagement and management. As part of this small and experienced team, you will be afforded a high level of ownership and autonomy.
What we need from you
To ensure success in this role the following skills and attributes will be highly advantageous.
Education & Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Architecture, Interior Design or similar built environment discipline. Candidates from a non-architectural background will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of architectural principles and an aptitude for space planning and spatial interrogation. Post-graduate qualifications will be considered advantageous.
- Minimum 8 years experience in design and construction observation in the hospitality sector. Prior experience in an operator-side role will be considered favourably
- Sufficient hotel design experience and knowledge to critically evaluate other people’s designs and provide constructive feedback and guidance
- Good knowledge of Architectural, Interior Design, Construction Principles and a working understanding of applicable laws
- Ability to build productive relationships and conduct persuasive conversations with project stakeholders
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in master-planning, large scale mixed-use developments and Interior Design will be an added advantage
- High level of personal and professional integrity
What we offer
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG.
At IHG we offer a range of industry leading benefits.
You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG.
To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please go to www.careers.ihg.com
IHG is an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.