Guest Service Agent (Casual) | Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Australia, Sydney, NSW
Hotel: Sydney Coogee Beach (SYDCB), 242 Arden Street, PO Box 558, 2034
Job number: 100558
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a Guest Service Agent who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Kicking off truly memorable guest experiences with the warmest of welcomes
● Acknowledging IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests in person or over the phone
● Taking, managing, and receiving payments for guest bookings
● Making the check-in and check-out process feel swift and seamless
● Staying one step of our guests’ needs to anticipate requests and offer tailored recommendations
● Being our guests’ trusted contact – helping with everything from bill issues to restaurant recommendations
What we need from you:
● The right to work in Australia
● Communication skills - guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
● Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
● Fluency in the local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential
● Literate and tech-savvy - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computer skills
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.