Front Office Manager - Crowne Plaza Hobart
IHG has opened its newly built full-service upscale hotel - Crowne Plaza Hobart. The inner-city hotel is managed by Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and owned by Tasmanian locals.
The 235 room hotel offers a gymnasium, 9 versatile meeting rooms, and 2 restaurants and bars.
At Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts our goal is to make business travel work. At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too!
Your day to day
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Front Office Manager will be responsible for the overall performance of the Reception / Front Office. This will include:
- leading the team to maximise financial performance, continuously driving both revenue generating and cost control improvements, maximising profitability.
- ensuring quality service and standards while delivering a guest experience that is unique.
- ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations concerning health, safety, or other requirements.
- forming strategic external alliances and partners to support the Hotel’s positioning and actively promote the Hotel and brand through community and professional involvement.
- creating a positive and productive work environment built on motivating, inspiring and leading an effective team that delivers results and is highly engaged.
What we need from you
- Leadership experience in Front Office within a hotel/hospitality environment
- Qualifications in Hotel Management or in a Business Administration related field preferred
- System savvy, you’ll have experience using hotel property management and point of sale systems and be able to share your expertise with the team
- Passionate about guest services, team player, excellent communication skills
- Flexibility – early, late, weekend, night and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Ability to inspire passion, enthusiasm and positivity in the team to drive an engaged, winning culture
- A full Driver's Licence
You must have the right to work in Australia. Applications close Sunday 9 October 2022.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.