Event Manager - National Convention Centre
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Canberra
Hotel: onal Convention Centre Canberra, 1 Binara Street, 2601
Job number: 100484
At the National Convention Centre Canberra (NCCC) we offer an exciting opportunity to join our fast-paced, dynamic and professional team to deliver truly inspiring events to our guests.
Our events range from innovative gala dinners to delicious catering for large multi-day conferences. Our prestigious and diverse range of annual events allow us to showcase our unique product and service to our guests here at the NCCC.
We strive to make every guest’s experience a truly memorable one.
Excited? If so, here is an opportunity for you to join our team as Events Manager
As a member of the National Convention Centre Canberra Events Management Team, you'll take responsibility for the management and distribution of banquet event orders to internal and external stakeholders
You will be the main point of contact for clients, contractors and suppliers in the planning of various stages of each event, liaising with internal departments to ensure event specifications can be executed according to National Convention Centre Canberra and IHG standards
We are looking for someone in this role, able to fulfil the following skills, experience and criteria:
- Minimum 3-5 years total experience in hospitality/events
- Venue experience is an advantage
- Proven success of large scale event coordination and planning
- Excellent communication skills, especially written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain a rapport with the client
- Strong attention to detail
- Immaculate presentation
- Proficient in using computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent time management and administration skills
- Knowledge of CRM software is an advantage
- A passion and dedication for the events industry
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.