Director of Catering & Events - InterContinental Times Square
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, New York, New York
酒店: 紐約時代廣場西 44 街 300 號
Job number: 106248
- Manage daily sales activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance.
- Train colleagues to make sure they hit hotel revenue goals to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work effectively.
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team.
- Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed.
- Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue.
- Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability.
- Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan.
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
- Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
- Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
- Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
- Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally – occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related enquire.
- Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments.
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
This is the top sales and marketing job in a large, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel. Hotel may have multiple sites and facilities, high-volume catering and/or convention facilities, and a large number of VIP and special service guests. May manage a large number of professional level and administrative sales, catering, and/or convention employee
Key Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in marketing or related field
- Four or more years of experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting with direct supervisory experience over a sales team
- Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required
- Must speak local language(s)
- Other languages preferred
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations
WHAT WE OFFER
The salary range for this role is $115,276.23 - 199,427.88 USD. This reflects the minimum to maximum salary range. This range is only applicable for this job to be performed in NY. This range is only applicable for this job to be performed in NY. This is the pay we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including [paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits] to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through internal website .IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.