When you’re a part of IHG, you’re more than your job title. And that’s what we love – the individual talents, interests and dreams that make you who you are. Join us and we won’t expect you to conform to any stereotype – because we know that a team with different perspectives and passions can only make us stronger.
InterContinental® Boston is a landmark of luxury overlooking Boston's historic waterfront, named one of the ‘Best Hotels in the World' by Condé Nast Traveler magazine. Featuring 424 luxurious ultra-modern accommodations with distinctive style and breathtaking waterfront or downtown city views, a full service spa and fitness club, 32,000 square feet of premier meeting and event space, and an array of restaurants and bars influenced by a variety of international flavors. All of these features paired with our impeccable service has made InterContinental® Boston the city's most captivating Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star, 4 Diamond AAA rated hotel experience.
Your day to day
- Set-up and/or break-down tables, chairs, audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment as specified by group requirements. Set-up table linens, skirting and table top items (water pitchers, glasses, supplies, etc.)
- Clean, store, and secure in an organized manner all tables, chairs, and audio visual equipment, platforms/stages and other equipment used for banquet functions.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, banquet hallways, and storage and service areas.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment to be set up in function area. Report all damages or issues to on duty management.
- Refresh room during breaks (replenish supplies, water pitchers, etc.)
- Retrieve clean linen and skirting and stock in storage areas.
- Pick-up and deliver all boxes and materials (flip charts, easels, blackboards, etc.) for function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Basic communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Basic math is used frequently to ensure the proper set up of tables, settings, chairs, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Handling, carrying or lifting items weighing up to 100 pounds (tables, chairs, trays, equipment, etc.)
- Moving about the function areas
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing
What we offer
We offer a competitive financial and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. We offer complimentary dry cleaning and employee meals. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.