Hotel Brand: EVEN Hotels
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: New York - Times Square South (NYCTT), 321 West 35th Street, 10001
Job number: 103021
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Front Desk Agent, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience.
- Acknowledge IHG Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay.
- Handle cash and credit transactions.
- Start every stay right by swiftly checking guests in and out - take IDs, hand out room keys, and control and release safety deposit boxes.
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns.
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary.
- Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you’ll report all incidents and wear any protective gear needed.
- Take pride in your appearance and place as a brand ambassador.
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule.
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help.
Key Skills & Experiences
- Communication skills - guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to.
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories.
- Fluency in the local language - extra language skills would be great, but not essential.
- Literate and tech-savvy - you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing, basic maths and computers
- Flexibility - night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job.
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification. A college or university degree would be a bonus, but not essential.
- Experience - ideally you’ll have spent at least one year in a front desk or guest service position.
- Strength - sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.