- Direct everyday financial activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work efficiently
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Keep connected with key contacts including owners, asset managers, guest, regulatory agencies, others as needed
- Help guests - you’ll be happy to help if someone needs assistance with a request or complaint
- Make sure all guest bills are accurate
- Ensure financial control procedures and systems are ethical and legal
- Distribute outlook and forecast information for departments to identify cost savings
- Minimise waste and reduce slow-moving items.
- Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
- Prepare financial analysis of hotel operations including variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of business goals
- Prepare hotel and department budgets and financial forecasts and reporting
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts
- Review rates and recommend rate strategy to the General Manager; participate in sales strategy meetings
- Manage accounts payable to balance cash flow and reputation with suppliers
- This is the top job managing the finance function for the hotel. Typically supervises a staff of professional and/or clerical accounting positions.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.