Assistant Venue Manager (Ascua and Heno & Rey) - InterContinental Perth
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Hotel: Perth City Centre (PERHA), 815 Hay Street
Job number: 101081
At InterContinental Perth City Centre we are here to make our valued guest enjoy the finer things in life to discover the means of experiences that cannot be had anywhere else. At InterContinental Perth City Centre we are here to make our valued guest enjoy the finer things in life to discover the means of experiences that cannot be had anywhere else.
Our Hotel has a number of two main Restaurant & Bar venues:
- Ascua - Aptly named Ascua after the Spanish word for ember, our menu is designed around the wood-fired grill, dry aged beef, fresh Western Australian seafood and sommelier selected wines.
- Heno & Rey - Hola! With a focus on using fresh, West Australian produce to create Spanish inspired flavours, Heno & Rey’s is a casual tapas bar where passion for food and drink mirrors the Spanish approach to life.
We are looking for an Assistant Venue Manager (Duty Manager) to join our Restaurant & Bar team and help us create dining experiences that exceeding our customers’ needs and expectations.
** Our Team are proud winners of the AHA-WA Excellence in Workplace Culture Award for 2021 and 2022! **
Your day to day
We’re currently on the hunt for a full time Assistant Venue Manager to partner with our Food and Beverage Leadership Team to jointly lead and manage our two venues ('Heno & Rey' and 'Ascua').
Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager, your leadership will focus on delivering a strong guest satisfaction & colleague engagement alongside departmental revenue and profit goals using a combination of existing and newly introduced initiatives. In addition, you will take charge of venue standards, safety and compliance requirements ensuring those standards are met.
What we need from you
You will be an experienced leader who enjoys leading by example and working closely with your team, seeing the value in coaching and developing individuals around you. Your focus on continuous improvement and problem solving will ensure that you are comfortable with accountability for Heno & Rey and Ascua.
The ideal candidate will...
- Over 1 years team leadership experience in a busy and modern restaurant or bar.
- Exceptional customer service skills and have a high ability to interact with guests & colleagues.
- Demonstrated capability to lead a team and drive their engagement to create a working environment that colleagues love.
- Multi-tasking – the job is varied so the ability to manage multiple high priorities and deadlines will ensure your success.
- Communication skills – guest & colleagues will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to and resolve issues in a timely & professional way. Ability to manage relationships with guests, colleagues, third parties using an approach that best reflects the hotel and brand philosophy.
- Financial acumen - you will need to write rosters, control expenditure (including payroll) and understand the overall expenses of your venue.
- Passion & drive to delivering excellent customer service & memorable guest experiences.
- Have an eye for detail and be an enthusiastic and approachable person who is motivated to take ownership and consistently deliver a unique guest experience.
- Have strong beverage knowledge of wines, beers and spirits.
- Be able to work well in a team environment and support the wider hotel team success.
- Be flexible with their availability – for example either early mornings, evenings/ nights, weekends and public holiday shifts.
All candidates must also...
- Have the legal right to work in Australia without limitation or restrictions.
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certification.
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform supplied
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Paid parental leave
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Discounted CBD carparking
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers - to help your salary/wage go further
- Most importantly, your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of leave entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Perth City Centre and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.