Maintenance Team Member - Wotton House Country Estate Hotel
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel near Dorking, is an estate like no other. In what was once the former seat of the Evelyn family, this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. Here, a mix of original features and 21st-century style set the tone so that all events are memorable: a wedding day like no other, business meetings that become an unexpected pleasure, training that delights and inspires. Dining is relaxed whether it's a meal in the 1877 Restaurant, or a party for 200 with simple yet delicious food. Afternoon tea is served daily in The Morning Room, whilst upstairs; you'll find a collection of beautifully refurbished bedrooms and suites. 13 acres of grounds so our guests explore Italian gardens, Roman temples, manicured lawns and Surrey Hills beyond.
Based at Wotton House Country Estate Hotel our Maintenance Team Members will work closely within the operations team, as part of IHG Hotels & Resorts, a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialise in delivering True Hospitality for Good.
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering first-rate guest service through your high-quality maintenance work, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! From touching up paintwork, fixing a broken door, mending a leaky tap or replacing damaged skirting board. You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within our properties and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around these. Although this isn’t a full guest facing role, you will still play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly and approachable whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests.
Given the nature of this role it’s important that you have some maintenance experience- Whether you are a painter & decorator, a plumber, joiner, electrician or even just an all-round handy person. Above all you’ll pride yourself on your high levels of attention to detail and safety standards. Being organised and thrive on working flexibility.
Maintenance Team Members, receive some great Benefits:
- £11.50 per Hour
- 104 Hour Guaranteed Monthly Hours Contract, with the ability to Flex Hours up with business demand (Every Hour Worked Paid)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Maintenance Team Member, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.