Senior Project IT Manager
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
Job number: R185690
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
- This position is located in Alpharetta, GA; this is not a remote position
- There is no relocation assistance.
Summary/Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Project Manager IT leads developing the analysis, reporting and tracking of all programs, projects and portfolio objectives and requirements within the Global Technology team. This position also supports the continual analysis of the portfolio to assure balance and optimization to achieve Global Technology’s strategic plan.
- Manage tactical support to all programs, projects, and interdependencies, reporting anomalies or areas of concern to senior management
- Contribute to the analysis of the portfolio and provide recommendations on the program/project mix to key decision makers, develop, maintain, and provide expert analysis of the commissioning process where program and projects are added/deleted from the portfolio, develop, maintain, and provide the Management Dashboard, portfolio plan, resource capability plan, portfolio risk register, and dependencies register.
- Execute balancing/optimization of the portfolio in terms of strategic goal attainment vs. delivery capacity/capability and business as usual priorities
- Ensure the system development activities are consistent with established standards, follow departmental development processes and meet user and business objectives. Define and refine departmental standards, methodologies, and processes to ensure the efficient development and implementation of quality systems.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement process improvements to improve project workflow and more effective delivery including initiating reviews of post program and post project evaluation reports and benefits to ensure the strategic goals have been met
- Participate in governance/portfolio meetings and provide information/support to business planning
- Maintain key performance indicators for the portfolio and practice lifecycles
- Client management
- IT development teams, support teams, data center resources,
- IT management
- Professional associations
- Industry experts
What we need from you
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Typically, minimum of 7+ years of progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Any knowledge/experience of Oracle/MS SQL Server/AWS, cloud technologies will be an advantage
- Extensive experience working with and facilitating interactions with small, large, co-located and distributed agile teams
- Technical Infrastructure Operations experience
- PMP Certification needed
- Demonstrated knowledge of project/program and portfolio management methodology, and project constraints
- Project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation and ability to translate strategic business requirements into technical specifications and specific system functionality
- Ability to focuses on quantifiable outcomes
- Demonstrated analytical, budgeting, performance tracking, monitoring, analyzing, and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for providing and presenting information to clients, vendors, management, and staff
- May be responsible for one or more workstreams on a project within immediate job area
- May contribute to the development of other junior professionals within area.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.