EMEAA Talent Manager
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the HR function here at IHG initially on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity period.
We are looking for an experienced Talent Manager or HR Generalist who will be responsible for developing and embedding tools and solutions that enable us to build strong pipeline of General Manager & ExCom talent and drive a culture of performance in our hotels.
If you have a background in talent or HRBP, this could be the role for you!
- Supporting the development of our approach to a strong pipeline of GM & ExCom talent, including building tools to identify and develop future GM & ExCom talent, including the implementation of our GM talent acceleration programme and the design of our ExCom acceleration programme.
- Building capability in managing and developing talent across our on property HR and wider leadership community. Providing expert support to roll out our new hotel talent management system and ensure that regular talent planning conversations are happening.
- Supporting the career progression of our future GM talent by designing a Career Framework that helps individuals understand the different career pathways to becoming a GM
- Providing expert support on the roll out of our GM success profile and ensure our operators know how to use this when making hiring, performance or development recommendations for their GMs
- Supporting the delivery of the Luxury talent agenda, including working with the HR Analytics & OD manager to provide regular updates on workforce planning at a GM & No.2 level, help facilitate the global luxury talent board discussions and track the risks, actions, issues and decisions made during these discussions
What we need from you
- A passion for developing talent and driving individual and organisation performance.
- A strong collaborator – inspires peers, builds strong relationships, seeks input from a range of stakeholders
- Previous experience in hotel operations is an advantage - understanding of what will and won’t work and the challenges that HRBP’s face in delivering talent and performance solution
- Well-developed and contemporary IT skills and Analytical mindset – actively uses data to form insights and build business cases
- Solutions focused – able design solutions that respond to business issues and opportunities
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to create own direction and use initiative
- Experience of working in a multinational organisation – understanding of how to get things done in a complex environment and comfortable working virtually
- Practical outlook – high standards but has a strong 80/20 mindset and can deliver at pace
- Strong experience of managing indirect or dotted line reports/area leads
- Hunger to continuously learn and understand great practice, latest thinking and build
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 15th March