Housekeeping Supervisor at voco® Dubai The Palm (Pre-opening)
酒店： voco™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA27204
Welcome to voco™, IHG’s new upscale brand. Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm Jumeirah is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in early 2022.
Your day to day
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you'll supervise our Housekeeping hosts, ensuring we keep the ‘IHG Clean Promise’ at all times.
You are responsible for:
- Supervise room attendants on maintenance of cleanliness in all guestrooms, corridors, service areas and any other areas on the floors.
- Assist Room Attendants and supervise releasing of guestrooms into ‘Inspected’ status.
- Work and liaise closely with Room Attendants in cleaning and preparing for V.I.P. arrivals or group delegations.
- Ensure that Room Attendants trolleys are neat and fully stocked at all times.
- Ensure strict control of service stations, including monitoring of required level of ‘par stock’ to minimize the vertical movement in terms of logistics.
- Ensure that all occupied rooms are cleaned.
- Ensures that the Room Attendants fill out their Check Lists room by room and that any remarks are followed up.
- Immediately report any missing items or damages to Executive Housekeeper.
- Immediately attend to tasks requiring urgent attention, such as: soiled or damaged curtains, carpets, upholstery, equipment, etc.
- Ensure that shower curtains, pillows, bedspreads, duvets/blankets, underneath furniture spaces, curtains and upholsteries are cleaned according to regular program/standards.
- Report and follow up on maintenance requests.
- Liaise closely with Front Office and Engineering in servicing guest request.
- Check vacant rooms daily to make sure there are no discrepancies.
- Ensure that rooms with “Do Not Disturb” signs are followed up on.
- Supervise the responsible use of all available systems and equipment, including but not limited to trolleys, vacuum cleaner, carpet washer, etc.
- Ensure the optimum use and control of all chemicals and supplies to minimize wastage.
- Ensures that all keys are handled responsibly and signed back in after duty.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Housekeeper and assists in all Housekeeping activities.
- Assist in building an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff in performing their tasks.
- Trains employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency, including certification and compiling monthly training reports. Trains staff to become multi-skilled.
- Supervise the employees within the section, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained.
- Be knowledgeable and continuously update oneself, as well as colleagues within the section, about hotel facilities, activities and promotions and provide accurate information to guests as necessary.
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to fire, hygiene, health, safety, rules and regulations.
- Participate in meeting and ensure that regular shift briefings of staff are carried out. Attends meetings as required.
- Maintains an efficient roster to optimize productivity, especially during holidays and low occupancy periods.
- Plan work and cleaning schedules to have ample supply of inspected rooms/suites for guest requirements at all times.
- Ensures that any Lost & Found properties are promptly brought to Housekeeping Office.
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in planning of vacation schedules.
- Keeps close contact with Engineering, Front Office and Laundry departments and map out necessary schedules for a smooth flow operation throughout the hotel departments.
What we need from you
- Ideally 1 to 2 years of progressive work-related experience in the same role in a 4* or 5* hotel in UAE
- Knowledgeable with the Opera system
- Should have strong capabilities in handling technicality of housekeeping mediums & organizing, detail-oriented and, with ability to work under pressure of deadlines and ever-shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco™ service standards
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.