Housekeeping Room Attendant (Casual) | Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour
Located on the corner of Sussex and Bathurst Streets, the newly built Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour is 152 modern guest rooms and suites vertically suspended in a prime position. Just a 5-minute stroll to the CBD's commercial and transport hub, the lively Darling Harbour precinct and the International Convention Centre. Access is easy and fast from Town Hall Train Station — only a short 3-minute walk from the hotel. Guests will unwind in design-led, modern and spacious rooms with the latest technology at their fingertips.
With 3 restaurants and bars throughout the hotel, breakfast, lunch, after-work drinks and dinner are all taken care of. Our sleek contemporary spaces are perfect for meetings, private dinners, cocktail receptions or special events, allowing guests to transition effortlessly from 9-to-5, to 5-to-9. And then there's the spectacular views from our roof-top where guests can make a splash in our Instagram-worthy floating infinity pool.
Your day to day
Join our internal Housekeeping team as a Room Attendant to keep our hotel fresh and clean! As a Room Attendant you'll support our team with all things housekeeping. On the daily, you’ll make sure our rooms in the hotel are always fresh and welcoming for our guests after a busy day at work – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in - or get a bit of last minute work done. You'll be passionate about maintaining the overall cleanliness of the hotel, ensuring it meets Crowne Plaza brand standards, guest and colleague satisfaction.
What we need from you
• Minimum 6 months' experience in Housekeeping in a full-service hotel/hospitality environment
• Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Business Administration related field preferred
• A good team player and an ability to work collaboratively
• Fitness – you will be on your feet most of the day with lots of bending and kneeling
• Strength – you will need to lift, push and pull big objects like beds, luggage, bags, and parcels up to 50lbs (23 kg)
• Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
• Articulate – excellent communication skills. Bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and priortise workloads
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discounts and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.