Housekeeping Room Attendant - Hotel Indigo San Diego
Get to Know San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter Hotel
People come to San Diego for all sorts of reasons, but while they're here, it's our job to make them love every minute of their stay. The Gaslamp Quarter offers plenty to see and do, from quirky shops and eateries to exciting nightlife. You need not venture far to see the best — in fact, at our popular Level 9 Rooftop Bar, people enjoy cocktails and conversation while overlooking the San Diego skyline.
The Pet Friendliest Accommodations in San Diego
Whether your companion is a pampered pooch or a stick-fetching sidekick, we are ready to welcome you both to the Gaslamp Quarter! Our town is renowned for its pet-friendly atmosphere ever since the early beginnings with adored town mascot, Bum the Dog.
Opened July 13, 2009, Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp showcases many of the historic stories behind our neighborhood. From pet-friendly hospitality inspired by Bum the Dog, to our contemporary refreshed style to reflect New Town architecture and vibes. Each of the 210 rooms reflects our neighborhood story.
At Hotel Indigo® we deliver inspired service. In all we do, we are vibrant, curious and original.
• Be vibrant by carrying ourselves in a way that says to our guests we are energetic, motivated, confident.
• Be curious by being aware of our hotel and neighborhood and going out of our way to help guests learn and discover what's going on.
• Be original by building connections with our guests and being imaginative to create memorable experiences.
We live, work and play in the local neighborhoods that we call home. We combine stylish, vibrant & modern design of a boutique hotel with personal, unique & attentive service. We want you to bring your unique self to the workplace as we deliver a refreshingly local service to our guests.
Your day to day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
• Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
• Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
• Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
• Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
• May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
• May assist with other duties as assigned.
• May have turndown duties.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
• Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
• Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
• Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling,
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
• Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities.
•Should be available to work weekends and holidays
What we offer
We have a diverse workforce, celebrating difference, while working better together. Competitive benefit packages are available which may include Medical/Dental/Vision/401K /Paid time off and more so come join our team!
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.