Front Office Guest Service Agent (Full Time) - InterContinental Perth
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts is one of the world's leading hotel companies. Present in around 100 countries, we have over 160 million guests staying in 889,164 rooms in more than 6,000 hotels per year.
You'll know some or all of our 18 hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world, for example InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Regent, Six Senses, Hotel Indigo, and Voco.
InterContinental Perth City Centre opened in October 2017 and is a 240-room design orientated hotel in the heart of Perth's CBD. Focused on corporate and transient market bringing the InterContinental personalised service to life. At InterContinental Perth City Centre we are here to make our each valued guest enjoy the finer things in life to discover the means of experiences that cannot be had anywhere else.
** Our Team are proud winners of the AHA-WA Excellence in Workplace Culture Award for 2021 and 2022, and Management Team of the Year for 2023 **
First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a full time Guest Service Agent who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
As a Guest Service Agent in Front Office you'll be responsible for the arrival and departure experience of our guests, including check-in and check-out, up-selling, problem resolution, answering phone calls, providing guest recognition and assisting in any other day to day needs in a personalised manner.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Kicking off truly memorable guest experiences with the warmest of welcomes
- Acknowledging IHG One Rewards Club members and returning guests in person or over the phone
- Taking, managing, and receiving payments for guest bookings
- Making the check-in and check-out process feel swift and seamless
- Staying one step of our guests’ needs to anticipate requests and offer tailored recommendations
- Being our guests’ trusted contact – helping with everything from bill issues to restaurant recommendations
What we need from you:
The successful candidate will have excellent personal presentation, positive energy, with proven skills in guest relations, problem solving and time management; and ideally have a working knowledge of hotel property management systems such as Opera. The ideal candidate will also have similar Front Office / Reception experience in an luxury environment focused on attentive guest service.
A candidate must also...
- Have the legal right to work in Australia without limitations or restrictions.
- The ability to work shifts, including on evenings, weekends and public holidays.
What you can expect from us:
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Free duty meal daily from staff canteen
- Laundered uniform supplied
- Paid birthday leave - hip hip hooray!
- Paid parental leave
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Most importantly, your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of leave entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.