Hotel Brand: Kimpton
Location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Hotel: Kimpton - Banneker Hotel - (WDCRG)
Job number: FRWDCRG1436
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Kimpton Banneker, Washington 20036
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 25 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond ‘hospitality’ by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It’s our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to ‘re-define hospitality’
Your day to day
You will be responsible for sales and operations of the catering and private dining department while spending your primary time on direct selling. You will also be a liaison between the restaurant and hotel, and between the client and banquet operations. Responsibilities will also include staying current on industry trends as you seek creative ways to infiltrate markets and accounts.
What we need from you
- 2+ years of hospitality experience, ideally within a boutique hotel with a banquet setting.
- Previous structured sales training course is a plus. Delphi FDC knowledge a plus
- You're highly creative, with strong sales and interpersonal skills!
- You've got great communication skills both internally and externally.
- Professional phone etiquette, writing skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, with excellent follow-up skills.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Team Member Hotel Discount Program
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
- Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
- Immediate eligibility for 401k and employer match
- Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
- Food and Beverage Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement