Food & Beverage Attendant - (Part Time) - Holiday Inn Werribee
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn Werribee is a newly opened hotel for Melbourne proudly showcasing the new Holiday Inn open lobby concept. Our modern and versatile food & beverage outlets will prove Holiday Inn Werribee to be a premier venue in Melbourne’s West. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Food & Beverage Attendant to join our dynamic team.
Your day to day
Great food and beverage memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service.
Working as part of our Hotel Services Team, you’ll welcome our guests, recommend our delicious food and drink offerings whilst ensuring our service is on-track and up to standard. By tailoring each guest’s experience to their unique tastes, you’ll create memories as delightful as the dishes. From greeting our guests with a smile at breakfast, creating memorable dining experiences at dinner, keeping busy with Room Service and assisting with inhouse conference and events, no two days are ever the same.
You will gradually be trained in other areas of hotel operations including the Front Office, which will broaden your hospitality knowledge and career. You will receive full training as part of your onboarding and by working part time on a rotating roster, you will continue to build your knowledge and skills. At Holiday Inn Werribee, we’re all part of one team, so we all pull together to get the job done which means supporting the housekeeping and maintenance departments when required.
The Hotel Services Team Members are the face of the hotel and our mission is to make our guests SMILE. So if this resonates with you, then we would love to hear from you!
What we need from you
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- You'll have 1-2 years Food and Beverage experience in a busy restaurant or hotel environment
- Confident with 3 plate carry
- Barista skills
- Beverage knowledge of wines, beers, spirits and ability to use your creative flair when mixing and creative cocktails
- Food knowledge of modern Australian cuisine
- A genuine interest to work in the hotel industry and drive to learn more about hotel operations
- A positive attitude and energy to deliver our guests with a memorable stay
- Be ready to work as a team, all working together to flex in changing situations
- Self motivated and a self starter who is ready to take the lead in any situation
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- A current RSA Responsible Service of Alcohol) certificate
- Flexible part time availability – early mornings, afternoons, nights, weekend and public holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Working rights to work in Australia
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.