Reservations Agent @ InterContinental Fujairah Resort
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
- Ensure that reservation telephones are attended at all times during scheduled hours and the team is complying with the set standards of salutations and telephone etiquette
- Ensure that quality of reservation is maintained in terms of guest details, outlet bookings etc
- Ensure that the minimum response time is maintained for all reservation requests. Instant update on detailed information in PMS and reservation system to maintain Guest Satisfaction
- Sell the hotel products and services using up-selling and suggestive selling techniques
- Promote the Hotel’s (and IHG generally) products and services
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge about all IHG Hotels in your region
- Execute up selling techniques which increase reservation sales and conversion of business
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/email with accurate VIP status and billing information
- Process amendments to reservations such as extensions, early departures, etc
- Manage “no show” reservations by investigation and recording of same
- Record special billing arrangements for groups and conventions
- Liaise with Finance department for all reservations requiring credit approval
- To record and process all reservation inquiries made direct, phone, fax or email. Work on details efficiently and accurately.
What we need from you
At least 2 years in a similar position in a similar environment, and 1 year experience with OPERA system.
Effective verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in English, written and spoken
Demonstrate good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Good attention to details with the right attitude and passion to maintain excellent working relationships with the clients.
Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a housing, transportation, recreation facilities, uniform, great room discount and superb training, and many more!
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.