Cook (Part-Time) - Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour
Opened on 1 October and located on the corner of Sussex and Bathurst Streets, the newly built Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour is 152 modern guest rooms and suites vertically suspended in a prime position. Just a 5-minute stroll to the CBD's commercial and transport hub, the lively Darling Harbour precinct and the International Convention Centre. Access is easy and fast from Town Hall Train Station — only a short 3-minute walk from the hotel.
Guests will unwind in design-led, modern and spacious rooms with the latest technology at their fingertips. With 3 restaurants and bars throughout the hotel, breakfast, lunch, after-work drinks and dinner are all taken care of. Our sleek contemporary spaces are perfect for meetings, private dinners, cocktail receptions or special events, allowing guests to transition effortlessly from 9-to-5, to 5-to-9. And then there's the spectacular views from our roof-top where guests can make a splash in our Instagram-worthy floating infinity pool.
Your day to day
On the daily, as a Cook, you'll support our culinary team to prepare an array of dishes catering for all restaurants & bars, room service and banquets. Your culinary passion and creativity will flow through into your presentation and you’ll pride yourself on delivering a fantastic culinary experience for guests, with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and consistency.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have;
- Demonstrated experience in a commercial kitchen is highly desirable, with a passion for culinary arts
- Aspiring to attain qualifications in Commercial Cookery/Culinary Arts from a registered training provider is advantageous
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player with a collaborative approach to work
- Strong attention to detail, written and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
- Look smart – wear your uniform with pride and adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.