Concierge - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Do you see yourself as a Concierge? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or spending time with your pet, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Coordinate guests’ needs, requests, and inquiries to ensure superior service and value for our guests.
- Collect and provide comprehensive information and coordinate guest requests including but not limited to hotel services, sporting events, places of interest, restaurants, theater, airline, transportation tickets, limousine rentals, sightseeing tours and any other information of interest. Handle reservations and obtain/issue tickets where applicable.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. Be aware and prepare for all in-house group meetings and VIP arrivals.
- Provide guest assistance with florists, couriers, mail services, rental of small business machines, international calls, etc.
- Respond appropriately to guest concerns or complaints in a timely manner. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Maintain a neat and orderly concierge desk and area that reflects highly on the hotel and brand.
Perform other duties as assigned such as assisting the bell stand, providing luggage, and assistance, etc.
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent plus one year experience as a concierge or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some College and knowledge of locale preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Handling objects such as phone, computer keyboard
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and third parties
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing departmental records/logs, tagging bags, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans