Assist with heavy packages, coats, suitcase, etc. being alert to give assistance courteously and quickly, before having to be asked
- Maintain a willingness to please attitude and give undivided attention to any approaching guest
- Adhere to guest checking in and checking out procedures pertaining to baggage handling
- Welcome guests at the main entrance, offering the greeting appropriate to the time of day taking particular note of repeat guests and IHG Rewards Club members
- Assist arriving and departing guests by opening and closing car and taxi doors
- Maintain a spotless Porte Cochere and Drive way
- Guide the guest to the Front Desk and wait behind the guest during the check-in. Keep eyes on the Front Desk Clerk who provides the signal for you to step forward and receive the room and rooming booklet from the Front Desk Clerk. Without delay, escort the guests accordingly.
- Be familiar with the layout of the hotel and memorize the preferred route for escorting guests
- Room the guest in accordance with hotel standards
- Be familiar with the lift workings and emergency stairs
- Provide information to guests about the hotel facilities and services
- Provide guest services and guidance
- Learn and utilize names of guests, especially repeat and long staying guests and routinely greet guests as they pass through the lobby, remaining alert to situations where he can be of assistance to guests
Your day to day
Required Skills –
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Able to read and write English
- High School or Vocational Certificate in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent
- 6 months experience in guest service or customer service, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.