Job number: HOTEL50409
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
• Supervising and co-ordinate all kitchen sub- sections engaged in the preparation and cooking of all food items.
• Planning of menus; considers availability of raw food and ingredients, availability of skills required in preparing new menus, style and standards of hotels.
• Supervise cooking and other kitchen personnel and co-ordinates their assignments and arranges to insure economical and timely food production.
• Work closely with different chef de partie; participates in their activities in speciality Restaurant.
• Prepare meals for respective section(s)(restaurant, outlets, etc.) and assist in all kitchen activities to ensure that guests receive high quality food items in a timely manner. Coordinate the smooth service in relation to the pass and pick-up of food.
• Control the works schedules, persons on duty, absents and sick and checks the daily attendance list.
• Estimate current and daily requirements of hotel for food consumption based on event orders, daily menus, forecasts, etc.
• Check physical aspect of all kitchen areas, cold rooms, equipment and tools.
• Ensures that:
o there is an adequate supply of food at all times
o hygiene and sanitation are observed in the kitchen area
o tools and equipment are handled, maintained and used properly
• Ensure that Hotel’s cost control policies and procedures are followed.
• Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the local Health Board inspection and hotel requirements.
• Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
• Assist in the training, scheduling and supervision of kitchen staff; ensure that all cook’s duties have been performed during shift.
Your day to day
• Food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.