Assistant Chief Steward at voco® Dubai The Palm (Pre-opening)
酒店： voco™ - The Palm (DXBPJ)
Job number: EMEAA27205
Welcome to voco™, IHG’s new upscale brand. Drawing on our years of experience in delivering True Hospitality, voco Hotels, gives people a different choice. Hotels that are reliable enough to depend on, but different enough to be fun. Our new family of hotels are connected by their individual characters that make memorable travel dependable. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that stand out from the crowd.
Becoming part of the family, everyone’s a host…
Every great stay starts with a great host, who are the beating heart of our hotels. Our teams are there when people need them but, give them space to relax. It’s these thoughtful touches that give our service the balance guests adore: natural and easy-going but, also friendly without being over the top.
voco Dubai Palm Jumeirah is conveniently located on the trunk of the manmade island while being part of the newly launched “Palm West Beach”, a trendy and vibrant spot with an array of exceptional dining concepts. The 141 keys property is scheduled to open its doors to guests in early 2022.
Your day to day
As Assistant Chief Steward, you'll lead the Stewarding team as an efficient, and productive cost and service centre ensuring a smooth operation that supports the overall hotel operations.
You are responsible for:
- Supervise day-to-day operation of stewarding department. Responsible for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production service areas.
- Establish and strictly control inventories and to the par stocks in the operation for all operating equipment, Food & Beverage, FF&E items and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped
- Control storeroom orders and issue all china, silver and glass.
- Ensure all food and beverage outlets have sufficient equipment to perform adequately.
- Complete responsibility for the highest level of sanitation and hygiene standards in the
- To ensure that back-of-house cleaning schedules and garbage runs are strictly adhered to and areas are cleaned according to the established standards.
- Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all colleagues have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
What we need from you
- 5 years related experience including at least 2 years in supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills.
- Available to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco™ service standards
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with great salary and benefits – in addition to career development, employee room discounts and great work culture. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics.
As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve -visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
At IHG, we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.