Director, Global Network Engineering & Operations
العلامة التجارية للفندق: IHG Corporate
الموقع: الولايات المتحدة، جورجيا، أتلانتا
فندق: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R184884
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Direct the activities of the network engineering function to ensure consistency and integration of the Company’s information requirements and technical business objectives, including the planning, configuration, installation, and management of global network systems. Ensure network standards are followed, documented, and refined to meet the needs of the organization. Oversee continuous coverage for network related hardware and software problems and ensure the overall effectiveness of global networks. Accomplish goals and objectives through subordinate managers who organize and direct a technical staff and strategic vendor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Oversee all global network environments out to the regional interface point as defined by regional requirements to include support of Data Center operations, documentation of processes and procedures to manage network hardware and system software, support of strategic capacity planning initiatives
- Provide network performance standards for telecommunications vendors to be incorporated in the vendor SLA.
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting of second level support for the network systems performance and seek methods for improvement.
- Ensure the stable performance of the systems through the monitoring, analysis, identification, and resolution of issues. Ensure problems are diagnosed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Coach and develop team members; hire, fire, assesses, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as advisor to staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Plan, organize, control, and lead subordinate functions within established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures for assigned functions. Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets.
What we need from you
Bachelor's or master’s degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
10+ years progressive work-related experience in infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware and software), and designing, planning, and implementing LANs and WANs using the latest technologies as well as 5 to 7 years managing teams and/or significant complex projects.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated management experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated experience working in a Dev/Ops/Sec model.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing and explaining technical information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading departmental work teams in the implementation, and maintenance of Global integrated network systems.
- Strong technical expertise with all On Prem Network Technologies – Switch, Routers, Load Balancers, VPN Concentrators, SDWAN Devices, Wireless Networks, UCaaS.
- Strong technical expertise with Cloud networking technologies and constructs.
- Strong Expertise in Enterprise Network Operations – HW/SW Life Cycle Management, Operational Monitoring/Alerting, Capacity Management, Redundancy/High Availability solutions, Operational Health Checks, IT Automation/Self-healing.
- Hands-on, demonstrable, technical background is essential. Expertise in Network Switching, Routing, BGP, OSPF, MPLS protocols, VPN, and QoS is a must.
- Very strong understanding of Enterprise security programs and the technologies, tools needed to harden the core network infrastructure both on prem and in the cloud.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans