Operational Duty Manager | Crowne Plaza Darling Harbour
اسم الفندق: كراون بلازا
الموقع: أستراليا ، نيو ساوث ويلز ، سيدني
Job number: EMEAA22347
Opened on 1 October and located on the corner of Sussex and Bathurst Streets, the newly built Crowne Plaza Sydney Darling Harbour is 152 modern guest rooms and suites vertically suspended in a prime position. Just a 5-minute stroll to the CBD's commercial and transport hub, the lively Darling Harbour precinct and the International Convention Centre. Access is easy and fast from Town Hall Train Station — only a short 3-minute walk from the hotel.
Guests will unwind in design-led, modern and spacious rooms with the latest technology at their fingertips. With 3 restaurants and bars throughout the hotel, breakfast, lunch, after-work drinks and dinner are all taken care of. Our sleek contemporary spaces are perfect for meetings, private dinners, cocktail receptions or special events, allowing guests to transition effortlessly from 9-to-5, to 5-to-9. And then there's the spectacular views from our roof-top where guests can make a splash in our Instagram-worthy floating infinity pool.
Your day to day
A day in the life of an operational duty manager will include;
- Providing mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to colleagues to enhance performance and drive their development. Recognise high potential colleagues and conduct regular documented conversations regarding Personal Development Plans (PDP’s).
- Engage in Performance Management, with support from the Front Office Manager, as required to enhance performance in a timely manner
- Planning for future staffing needs in a timely manner, completing all stages of IHG Recruitment on-boarding
- Ensuring Front Office Team are up-to-date with core and essential trainings; and a continuous succession planning programme is in place
- Training colleagues in quality and service standards, ensuring they have the necessary tools and equipment to perform and are empowered to execute in their roles. Maintain and continue to develop departmental trainers, Team Leaders and Frontline colleagues
- Conducting routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the quarterly action planning to achieve optimum guest satisfaction through Heartbeat and social media (Tactical Solve). Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction HeartBeat goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have;
- Minimum 2years’ experience in a Guest Services related position with supervisory experience, preferably within a hotel/hospitality environment
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Business Administration related field preferred
- Bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card,First Aid Qualifications and Drivers Licence are required
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multiple projects and priortise workloads
- The ability to manage complex relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, staff, and third parties that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brandand IHG
What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discounts and superb training. Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.