مدير ، تخطيط الضرائب & جدل
العلامة التجارية للفندق: IHG Corporate
الموقع: الولايات المتحدة، جورجيا، أتلانتا
فندق: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
رقم العملية : R199582
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Under the guidance of the Vice President and the Senior Tax Manager for the Americas Region, responsible for providing research and recommendations to identify and implement tax planning ideas which minimize the Company’s tax liability. Manage assigned federal and state tax planning projects including earnings and profits, Section 174, and federal R&D credits, and provide tax advice to support transactions and projects initiated by business teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate between IHG groups to gather information necessary to calculate the annual Section 174 expenditures.
- Oversee third-party advisors in connection with the annual calculation of R&D credits. Communicate and track credit usage with internal teams.
- Research and provide detailed federal and/or state tax advice on tax planning and most appropriate structures for transactions/proposals of the business.
- Manage assigned federal and state tax planning projects. Perform research and fact-finding on federal and state income tax issues. Assist the Vice President of Tax and the Senior Tax Manager responsible for tax research and planning on other planning projects, as needed.
- Participate in implementation of planning ideas. Oversee third-party advisors in connection with the implementation of tax planning projects.
- Assist senior managers with the corporate governance process to the extent necessary for the implementation of tax planning projects.
- Facilitate tax compliance related to the implementation of tax planning projects.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Taxation, or a similar combination of education and experience; CPA or bar license designation preferred.
4 to 6 years progressive work-related experience in a public accounting firm or equivalent in industry.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation, including the ability to plan, delegate work and manage a tax project within deadlines and budgets.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state income tax laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial accounting principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with Excel, Word, and computerized tax and legal research software such as CCH and LEXIS.
- Demonstrated legal training/experience or familiarity of legal concepts and terms.
- Demonstrated ability to use best practices in order to minimize tax liability for a corporation.
- Demonstrated effective tax planning and research skills.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants