Corporate Counsel Procurement & Ops EMEAA East (Singapore based)
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: Corp Singapore, 230 Victoria Street, #13-00 Bugis Junction Towers, 188024, 188024
Job number: 100364
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
We are seeking a Corporate Counsel to be based in our Singapore office to support the VP BRR EMEAA East and Director, Lead Counsel, Disputes Resolution, Ops & Compliance EMEAA to ensure that IHG business is conducted, and business objectives are achieved in a responsible manner and build internal capacity to ingrain legal compliance, training and control processes, in particular in relation to procurement, into the business.
The role is accountable for providing direction, guidance and legal advice on contracting and operations issues in EMEAA East, in particular to support the Procurement and Cost Efficiency (PaCE) team operations and contentious matters.
- Develop, review and modify, negotiate and execute contractual documentation to meet IHG standards and objectives including goods and services contracts and agreements, third party agreements, and all other ancillary documents and agreements necessary to the business of IHG in EMEAA (excluding Europe)
- Brief and advise the VP BRR EMEAA East, Director, Legal, Ops & Compliance EMEAA East, and Function Heads (as appropriate), to keep them informed of matters of important legal significance and regulatory compliance developments. Provide legal advice on contractual and operational issues facing the business of IHG in EMEAA. (Excluding Europe).
- Actively participates and collaborate with global legal colleagues on working with the EMEAA PACE team effectively ensuring that legal principles are adhered to when contracting with third parties and effectively bridging any gaps between the PACE, Legal and internal functions on PACE initiatives.
- Assist the Lead Counsel, Disputes Resolution, Ops & Compliance in day-to-day operations, contentious and related matters
- To establish and maintain, in collaboration with the other regional Legal teams, a framework for developing, sharing and implementing aligned legal documents, policies, standards and guidelines by engaging and leveraging the Legal Team’s skills and resources.
- Bachelor of Laws or higher legal qualification with solid experience in contract negotiation
- Called to the Singapore Bar or any Common Law Jurisdiction
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience and ideally 4 to 6 years’ experience as a corporate/commercial lawyer in private practice of an in-house role in other industry.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Strong negotiation, communication, relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong commercial business acumen and ability to work under tight time pressure.
- Detailed knowledge of company, industry, region, culture, custom and practices.
- Adapts procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish strategic priorities whilst minimizing exposure
In return, we'll give you a competitive benefits package including salary, discounted accommodation worldwide and the opportunity to progress your career with IHG. You'll have the chance to work with a great team of people, and most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
So, what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG. To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please go to www.careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.