You can translate this page using Google
Preparing for your interview: Did you know
From the front of house team, to the choice of food & drink on the menu, there is a distinct sense of IHG and what we stand for anywhere you go within the business.
As a little hint and tip, when we invite you to an interview with us we encourage you brush up on your IHG general knowledge. We’re not expecting you to recite the entire timeline of our existence, but we do like to see you demonstrate some knowledge on our brands, values, and the countries we operate in.
Use this as a piece of information to refer to when preparing for your interview. It’s a good place to start getting to know us before we get to know you.
Did you know?
- Our brand promise at IHG is based on four specific rooms, each of which branch off our ultimate promise; Room to be yourself. So even though interviews can be daunting, just try be yourself as best you can, the rest will follow.
- We have 12 brands as part of the IHG group, some of which include Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo and Staybridge Suites. All brands are unique but work together towards achieving our goals.
- We have been awarded best place to work in the LGBT community, among many other categories, take a look
- We have a presence in nearly 100 countries around the world, including Taiwan (which in fact, is a small island nation), Mexico & Australia.
- IHG is a responsible business and we have a range of initiatives and systems in place that demonstrate this.. It could be worth checking them out.
Interview prep can feel like a mammoth task, and the build-up can be nerve-racking. Don’t let that dull your shine on the big day. Stay calm, collected and focused, and remember be yourself.
Here are three dos’ and don’ts’ to live by in your interview as a guide to ensure you utilise your time and get the best out of it.
Don’t waffle unnecessarily, try and calm nerves and just answer simply and clearly, choosing to elaborate where appropriate.
Don’t memorize or over rehearse your answers try and let it flow naturally. if you’ve prepared well it will come easily.
Don’t try and be something you’re not, just be yourself.
Do take deep breaths and compose yourself before you go in.
Do introduce yourself clearly and confidently, this will set you up for the rest of the interview.
Do take the opportunity to reveal who you are your values, work ethic and how we at IHG would be lucky to have you!
We would like to wish you the best of luck, and we look forward to meeting you. For those of you looking for your next career move in hospitality, check out our latest opportunities here. And for those who are considering joining us, read all about what it’s like in our IHG Stories.